How cookies are used on www.smpsecurity.co.uk
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or device when you visit a website, and helps to analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and we do not collect personal information.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/