Cheap Home Security Tricks
9th March 2021
Home Security is crucial – whether you’ve got the money to spend kitting out your premises or not, we’re here to provide you with some cheap home security tricks.
Keeping your home secure doesn’t always have to break the bank. Of course, there are some security measures that are definitely worth the higher price, but there are also some very cheap and easy security tips that’ll provide benefits on top of the standard required home security.
Making Your Home More Secure
Some of these tips won’t cost a thing, so there’s really no excuse to leaving your home unsecured…
- Well-lit homes are much less likely to be targeted. Burglars don’t want to be spotted whilst attempting to break into a house, so installing motion sensor lights or event just general exterior lighting will help to deter burglars.
- Use light timers whilst you’re away. Leaving your home unoccupied can make you fear for the security of your property. By using light timers you can create the illusion that your home is still occupied, which will reduce the likelihood of it being targeted.
- Don’t hide keys outside your home. Burglars can easily find any keys hidden outside, regardless of how well you believe you’ve hidden it.
- Keep the exterior of your home in shape. By ensuring that your hedges are trimmed back and gardens are kept neat you are not only reducing the hiding spots for burglars to lurk in but also reinforcing the fact your home is occupied.
- Use reinforced glass on all windows so that damaging them to gain entrance is a lot more difficult.
- Install a wide-angle peephole to your front door so that you can see who has come knocking.
- Add good quality deadbolt locks to each entrance point so burglars can’t easily break-in.
- CCTV systems will provide video evidence of anyone suspicious trying to scope out the area and will also provide police with any evidence if someone should break-in.
- Make an inventory of all the items in your home, this will make it easier to determine anything that goes missing in the event of a break-in.
Investing in a Home Safe
…I mean – we had to mention it.
Of course, the security tips listed above will all provide a range of benefits regarding home security but having a home safe installed on top of these tips is the most efficient way to ensure valuables are protected.
At SMP Security we ensure that all our products are manufactured and tested to the necessary standards so that our customers receive the best security possible.
Want to know more? Get in touch!
Get in Touch
Make an enquiry
PLEASE NOTE: Emails are monitored during normal office hours only. If you require urgent01952 585673.attendance of a locksmith or safe engineer please call our help desk on