What can and can’t I keep in my safe?
27th June 2022
Your valuables will always be in safe hands with one of our safes!
You’ll have peace of mind knowing your valuables are secure with our products. Whether you want to protect jewellery, documents or anything else, you know you can trust us here at SMP.
- Important documentation- This can include wills, deeds, and insurance policies, the list is endless! Keeping all your essential documents in one, highly secure safe means that you have peace of mind. You’ll know where they all are at one time and that they’ll be safe from unwanted intruders.
- Passport- A passport is much more than your identification when travelling aboard. It’s used as a form of ID everywhere & it is used to prove your identity online. But sadly passports are high sought after for identity theft. Therefore a safe is a great way to ensure that your identity is protected.
- Photographs- Old pictures of family members, friends and wedding photos are always sentimental and people love to protect their memories. Thanks to the ‘Cloud’, our photos are always available but they can always be corrupted or hacked. This means you could lose those memories but if you have them physically stored in a safe then that’s one less thing to worry about.
- Jewellery- You may have collected a fair amount of either expensive or sentimental jewellery over the years. Diamond and gold bands are not cheap items and they’re perfect targets for thieves. Henceforth a safe will put your mind at ease that your jewellery is safe.
- Designer items- Any designer accessories you keep around are worth sticking in your safe. Chanel handbags, Michael Kors sunglasses and similar items are small & expensive making them perfect for thieves to pick up. They tend to be at risk from household accidents, too. One of our small jewellery safes is ideal for small accessories
Whilst we’ve let you know what to keep this is now what you SHOULDN’T keep in your safe:
- Your only set of keys- You may find yourself in a situation where you’ve lost your house or car keys and you go to look for them in your safe and you’ve forgotten your combination or lost your physical key then you’re out of luck.
- EpiPens- Lock up your painkillers, but don’t lock up things like EpiPens which you need in case of a severe allergic reaction. It’s really hard to remember your combination while you’re panicked in a situation.
- Chemicals- Household chemicals like cleaners, solvents, superglue, bleach and so on can be dangerous for kids and it may cross your mind to store them in your safe. The problem with that is that if anything leaks and causes a reaction, you could find yourself opening a safe full of toxic gas.
- Houseplants or pets- it may be common sense but never leave anything alive in your safe to ensure you’re not killing anything!
If you’d like any further information on any of our products or services give us a call or visit our website today!
Get in Touch
Make an enquiry
PLEASE NOTE: Emails are monitored during normal office hours only. If you require urgent01952 585673.attendance of a locksmith or safe engineer please call our help desk on