Your Security during Autumn and Winter
15th September 2021
Our advice on what’s important to consider when it comes to your security during Autumn and Winter
The days where waking up in the dark and leaving work when the sun is already setting are fast approaching. Without a doubt, this time of year brings us lots of excitement in terms of the yearly events such as Bonfire Night, Halloween, Christmas and New Year. However, there are some essential things to consider regarding your security during Autumn and Winter. Whether you work from home or begin to go back into the office, we wanted to share some ideas on what you could do to ensure that you’re taking all of the necessary steps to be secure your home over the colder months.
Things to consider:
- Double-check whether your window and door locks are in good condition. It’s crucial to ensure that your locks are in great shape. Don’t forget that there are always new developments in the industry that may be beneficial to consider. Therefore, why not update your locking systems to more recent ones.
- Whether you live in an apartment or a house, it’s essential to ensure that your home is well lit. If there are areas in your garden that block your view to the street or other surroundings – why not install some outdoor lights. Good visibility around your home will reduce the risk of theft and create a more secure environment. If you live in an apartment, that might not be necessary. However, there will be other things to consider if that’s the case.
- Have you invested in a home security system? There are various types of systems available including cameras, alarms and others. Identify your best options and invest accordingly.
- If you keep your car in the garage, ensure that the garage shutters are secure and in good condition for the colder months.
- One of the key aspects to think about when protecting your valuables is where to store them. If you own expensive jewellery, watches or keep important documents at home, invest in a high quality safe. Here at SMP, we sell AiS approved safes in a variety of sizes and grades 0 to 6 that fits all of your requirements. There are many things to think about when purchasing a safe. Hence, our team is always ready to support and answer all your questions and ensure that you get the most suitable option. We will also provide all the essential services from manufacturing, delivery & installation up to all after-care services. Having a safe is a critical security asset regardless of whether you live in an apartment or a house.
- How often do you have a visitor at your door that you don’t know? Opening the door to an unknown person creates a significant risk to your safety. During the darker months, when visibility is relatively low, you may not be able to see clearly. Our advice is to consider the options of smart doorbells. These particular doorbells offer significant security advancements, such as accessing the camera via an app and setting up motion detection.
We are here to support you
There are many ways you can improve your security during the Autumn and Winter season. Our team here at SMP are always ready to support you with all of your queries. SMP specialises in the manufacturing of high-quality security safes together with all of the services required for the installation, maintenance and relocation. Please feel free to call us on 01952585673 or visit our website for more information!
Get in Touch
Make an enquiry
PLEASE NOTE: Emails are monitored during normal office hours only. If you require urgent01952 585673.attendance of a locksmith or safe engineer please call our help desk on